Carol’s House of Hope provides transitional living for young women and mothers who have aged out of foster care or who are experiencing homelessness. A group of 8 women from Carol’s House of Hope participated in a 4-week culinary workshop led by No More Empty Pots.
Each week, the women worked together in the kitchen alongside the workshop instructor to practice new cooking skills and ask questions while preparing a meal together. The lessons and discussion focused on supporting the nutritional needs of women. At the closing of each session, the women sat down with one another to share their meal together.
“Many of the ladies commented on how valuable it was to be introduced to healthier ingredient options and how to prepare meals that are budget friendly,” said NMEP Community Education Manager Leslie Schmeling. The women gained confidence in the kitchen, ultimately supporting their goals to be self-sufficient and independent.
Free Meals Available for Pick-Up or Delivery!
Meals are available for youth (ages 18 and younger). Click below to apply. Contact our Community Care Specialist with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (402)-690-0888. Please share!
Take advantage of Community Harvest to experience firsthand the benefit of eating locally and seasonally while supporting area farmers in Greater Omaha! Receive recurring services of plant-based meals and “Community Supported Agriculture” (CSA) shares of local vegetables, fruits and food products like eggs, milk and yogurt.
Ways You Can Engage:
- Subscribe to receive weekly or bi-weekly pick-up/delivery of meals and CSA shares.
- Join the #MadLove movement of creating equal food access for all by sponsoring the subscription costs of neighbors who require support.
- Spread the word to your neighbors, friends and coworkers using the Community Harvest Media Kit for flyers, social media graphics and more!
- Shop the Community Harvest store for 1-time purchases of items like milk, eggs, yogurt, pancake mix, specialty produce and activity kits.
No More Empty Pots is hiring for a Startups & Skills Manager. Our team members exemplify our mission and core values of education, sustainability and stewardship while demonstrating trustworth
Do you know someone who would thrive here?
- Startups & Skills Manager (Full-Time): Responsible for managing an 8-week professional culinary education program and the Food Entrepreneur Program. Will plan culinary and entrepreneurship lessons, resolve kitchen issues, supervise staff and students, and manage expenses.
This July, shop for products at the local Farmers Markets from the food entrepreneurs renting commercial kitchen space at No More Empty Pots.