TEMPORARY DELIVERIES SPECIALIST
APPLICATION DEADLINE AUGUST 14, 2020
About No More Empty Pots
No More Empty Pots (NMEP) is a grassroots non-profit corporation that connects individuals and groups to improve self-sufficiency, regional food security and economic resilience of urban and rural communities through advocacy and action. No More Empty Pots’ vision is to support communities in becoming self-sufficient and food secure through collaboration and adhering to core values of education, stewardship, and sustainability.
NMEP seeks a friendly and detail-oriented person with heavy equipment operating skills to join the team. The Food Justice & Access team is delivering over a thousand meals a week, and the team is taking over handling deliveries in-house. Deliveries can be complicated and the program serves vulnerable individuals and families, so skills to navigate these challenges are critical, in addition to an impeccable driving record. All NMEP personnel are expected to prioritize people and a focus on relationships while maintaining high standards of program delivery and using sustainable budgeting and time management practices. This position will report to the Food Justice & Access Manager.
70% delivery driving
- Safely drive a refrigerated truck or other delivery vehicles
- Ensure product is appropriately received by customers or delivery site partners, including unloading product and moving it to the appropriate location
- Provide the highest quality customer service as the face of NMEP for many of our participants
- Effectively organize product and all delivery details to support a smooth and accurate delivery process
- Follow and enforce the highest standards of food safety, safe and security handling of equipment, and sanitation practices to keep participants, personnel, products, and company property safe
- Communicate with NMEP staff, delivery site partners, and customers to quickly and effectively deliver all products
- Care for equipment and handle all end-of-day procedures such as storing undelivered product or providing communication updates to appropriate personnel
20% Deliveries Coordination
- Maintain consistent communication with delivery site partners to ensure up-to-date information
- Plan routes and other delivery details, communicating with other stakeholders as appropriate
- Communicate with other personnel who are driving and packaging to support a smooth and accurate delivery process
- Attending or leading supervision and team meetings, responding to email and communications, professional development
other duties as assigned
- All NMEP staff are expected to prioritize people and a focus on relationships while maintaining high standards of program delivery and using sustainable budgeting and time management practices.
- A valid driver’s license, access to transportation, and local travel are required
- Flexible schedule availability including weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Ability and resources to consistently arrive at work on time or work remotely
Preferred Skills, Qualities, and Experience
- Program design or project management experience
- Conversational Spanish fluency
You’re comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and you choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
You use information from a variety of sources—including personal experience and your own observations—to identify and solve problems. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence to achieve the best possible results.
You work cooperatively and collaboratively with others to achieve collective goals. You plan, implement, manage and measure projects and tasks in a timely and directed manner.
You use sound judgment to meet or exceed workplace guidelines, standards and expectations. You acquire and apply new knowledge and skills in all of your experiences.
You recognize how your beliefs, ethics and actions fit within the context of a greater community.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office equipment and supplies
- Constantly operates medium-size machinery including getting on and off a refrigerated truck lift
- Constantly moves in and out of a high-set truck cab
- Frequently moves product weighing up to 50 pounds
- This person must be able to work effectively in environments that are often loud, cramped, hot, or cold
- This person constantly communicates with staff, students, volunteers, vendors, guests to the program, and others about program and organizational operations, policies, and products. Must be able to communicate and exchange accurate and relevant information in these situations.
- Frequently positions self to reach products stored on high or low shelves
- Part-time, non-exempt
- Commensurate with experience, $15-$20/hr
hours & schedule
- 20 – 25 hours/week
- Food Justice & Access Manager
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and 2 professional references to No More Empty Pots at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include why this position with No More Empty Pots is a good fit for you.