APPLICATION DEADLINE: open until filled
About No More Empty Pots
No More Empty Pots (NMEP) is a grassroots non-profit corporation that connects individuals and groups to improve self-sufficiency, regional food security and economic resilience of urban and rural communities through advocacy and action. No More Empty Pots’ vision is to support communities in becoming self-sufficient and food secure through collaboration and adhering to core values of education, stewardship, and sustainability.
No More Empty Pots seeks a detail-oriented culinary professional with project management and people skills to join the team. This position coordinates organization-wide production and processing as part of the Hospitality & Production team. All NMEP staff are expected to prioritize people and a focus on relationships while maintaining high standards of program delivery and using sustainable budgeting and time management practices. NMEP seeks to retain and support development of all employees. This position reports to the Production Manager.
90% End-to-end Production & Processing
- Coordinate employees, students, and volunteers in the kitchen ensuring people are scheduled, all roles are covered, and people have what they need to do their best work
- Process planning, scheduling, and coordinating people and resources in a dynamic environment
- Reporting on program deliverables and outcomes to support data-oriented, innovative culture
- Maintain the highest standards of product quality while integrating values-driven goals like zero waste and local food, keeping products sustainably priced, and meeting the requirements and expectations of internal and external partners
- Support Procurement Coordinator and Production Manager with inventory management, requisitions, sourcing, invoicing, ordering, and purchasing for organization-wide food needs
- Leverage volunteers, interns, and participants to support food production and processing work including requesting, training, and supervising groups and individuals with a wide variety of culinary backgrounds to work in the kitchen
- Tracking and reporting data on procurement, donations, and production in order to provide needed data for programs, projects, and teams
- Support staff in adjusting menus and food orders to integrate seasonal, local, reclaimed, gleaned, or donated food and reduce waste and costs by providing information and educational materials
- Supporting on events, catering, and other Hospitality & Production activities
- All employees are expected to consistently make time for supervision, team meetings, responding to email and communications, and professional development
other duties as assigned
- All NMEP staff are expected to prioritize people and a focus on relationships while maintaining high standards of program delivery and using sustainable budgeting and time management practices.
- Formal culinary training and at least 1 year culinary industry experience
- Skill and experience to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Highly organized, process-oriented, solutions-focused individual with an understanding of project management
- Evening and weekend availability required
- Works well under pressure and with tight deadlines and attention to detail
- Strong administrative and time management skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite applications
- Eager to find and learn new resources in a tech-positive organizational culture
Preferred Skills, Qualities, and Experience
- Familiarity with the food system and the Omaha Metro local food system
- Interest and capacity to develop managerial skills and grow with the company
- Experience and skill to work with diverse populations including immigrants and refugees, communities of color, youth, and seniors; cultural humility and a desire to learn
You’re comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and you choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
You use information from a variety of sources—including personal experience and your own observations—to identify and solve problems. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence to achieve the best possible results.
You work cooperatively and collaboratively with others to achieve collective goals. You plan, implement, manage and measure projects and tasks in a timely and directed manner.
You use sound judgment to meet or exceed workplace guidelines, standards and expectations. You acquire and apply new knowledge and skills in all of your experiences.
You recognize how your beliefs, ethics and actions fit within the context of a greater community.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Constantly moves about a commercial kitchen setting
- Frequently operates a computer and other office equipment and supplies
- Frequently moves supplies weighing up to 30 pounds
- Frequently positions self to reach products stored on high or low shelves
- This person constantly communicates with staff, students, volunteers, vendors, guests to the program, and others about program and organizational operations, policies, and products.
- Must be able to communicate and exchange accurate and relevant information in these situations.
- This person must be able to work effectively in environments that are often loud, cramped, hot, or cold
- Must be able to discern between acceptable and unacceptable product and cleanliness
standards in a food service setting
- Full-time, non-exempt (30 – 40 hours per week)
- Commensurate with experience, $15-20/hour
Full time only:
- Health insurance; NMEP pays the first $300 of premiums, plus 25% of premium over $500
- Short term disability insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
Full-time & Part-time only:
- Personal leave
- Vacation leave
- Immediate vesting in 403(b); NMEP matches up to 6% of pay at 50%
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid holidays
- Paid community service days
- Professional development funds
- Production Manager
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and 2 professional references to No More Empty Pots at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include why this position with No More Empty Pots is a good fit for you.