APPLICATION DEADLINE: open until filled
About No More Empty Pots
No More Empty Pots (NMEP) is a grassroots non-profit corporation that connects individuals and groups to improve self-sufficiency, regional food security and economic resilience of urban and rural communities through advocacy and action. No More Empty Pots’ vision is to support communities in becoming self-sufficient and food secure through collaboration and adhering to core values of education, stewardship, and sustainability.
NMEP seeks a meticulous and customer-service oriented cleaning professional with commercial kitchen maintenance and minor construction experience to join the team. The position is responsible for keeping NMEP’s Food Hub and administrative office safe and sanitary. All NMEP personnel are expected to prioritize people and a focus on relationships while maintaining high standards of program delivery and using sustainable budgeting and time management practices. This position will report to the Facilities Manager.
90% CUSTODIAL & MAINTAINENCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keeps building and property in clean, safe, and orderly condition
- Performs routine maintenance activities in administrative and commercial kitchen environment
- Performs regular heavy cleaning duties in accordance with COVID-19 and food safety best practices
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, vacuums, or steam-cleans floors
- Gathers and empties trash and follows NMEP waste management practices to dispose of waste appropriately
- Scrubs, sanitizes, and supplies restroom facilities
- Dusts, cleans, and/or sanitizes furniture, walls, doors, windows, and equipment
- Safely handles and mixes cleaning solutions and chemicals as part of cleaning in accordance with instructions
- Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power machinery to prevent damage to facilities.
- Manages inventory of cleaning supplies
- Notifies managers regarding the need for repairs or additions to building operating systems
- May provide minor repairs or construction services when appropriate
- Attending supervision and team meetings, responding to email and communications, professional development
other duties as assigned
- All NMEP staff are expected to prioritize people and a focus on relationships while maintaining high standards of program delivery and using sustainable budgeting and time management practices.
- At least 1 year substantially similar experience
- Experience and skill to safely handle hazardous equipment and chemicals
- Experience and skill to operate light, medium, and heavy equipment
- Experience and skill to work with a wide variety of staff and guests to problem solve safety and sanitation issues quickly and effectively
Preferred Skills, Qualities, and Experience
- Experience providing custodial or maintenance services in a commercial kitchen environment
- Experience and skill to manage IT equipment and platforms
- Eager to learn new resources in a tech-positive organizational culture
- Customer service background and friendly persona
You’re comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and you choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
You use information from a variety of sources—including personal experience and your own observations—to identify and solve problems. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence to achieve the best possible results.
You work cooperatively and collaboratively with others to achieve collective goals. You plan, implement, manage and measure projects and tasks in a timely and directed manner.
You use sound judgment to meet or exceed workplace guidelines, standards and expectations. You acquire and apply new knowledge and skills in all of your experiences.
You recognize how your beliefs, ethics and actions fit within the context of a greater community.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Frequently operates small and medium-size machinery for regular cleaning and maintenance purposes
- Frequently moves product and materials weighing up to 50 pounds
- This person must be able to work effectively in environments that are often loud, cramped, hot, or cold
- This person frequently communicates with staff, students, volunteers, vendors, guests, and others about building operations, policies, and products. Must be able to communicate and exchange accurate and relevant information in these situations.
- Frequently positions self to reach products and equipment stored in high or low locations
- May work in indoor or outdoor conditions or in environments that are hot, cold, or noisy
- Constantly moves about two different and different floors of a multistory building
- Part-time, non-exempt
hours & schedule
- 20 – 25 hours/week; Regular schedule; on-call availability preferred
- Commensurate with experience, $15 – 20/hr
- Full time staff are eligible for insurance benefits and all staff are eligible for paid vacation and personal time off. Flexible schedule and annual professional development funds.
- Facilities Manager
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and 2 professional references to No More Empty Pots at email@example.com. Be sure to include why this position with No More Empty Pots is a good fit for you.